The following Public Hearing will be held on August 21, 2017 at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers, 2nd Floor of City Hall. Please use the west (park side) doors of City Hall.
Bylaw 3554/A-2017 – an amendment to the North of 11A Major Area Structure Plan to incorporate the Hazlett Lake Management Recommendations and establish minimum Environmental Reserve requirements to protect the lake from pollution
Red Deer City Council proposes Bylaw 3554/A-2017 – an amendment to the North of 11A Major Area Structure Plan to incorporate the Hazlett Lake Management Recommendations and establish minimum Environmental Reserve requirements to protect the lake from pollution
The Public Hearing is City Council’s opportunity to hear from anyone who is affected by the proposed bylaw. You can let Council know your opinions on the proposed bylaw in any/ all of the following ways:
- Submit a letter to be included in the Council agenda. Letters must be submit in advance to the Manager, Legislative Services
- Submit a letter at the Public Hearing
- Tell Council your views at the Public Hearing. Each presentation is limited to 10 minutes
The North of 11A Major Area Structure Plan (North of 11A MASP) is one of the major statutory documents that provide direction to growth and development within The City and covers 1,300 +/- hectare area north of Highway 11A, which is part of the area that was annexed in 2009. (Includes Hazlett Lake)
A MASP is a broad, long range land use planning tool, usually encompassing several sections of land, that contains policies to guide future subdivision and development of the subject area to ensure it occurs in an orderly, complementary and efficient manner. The North of 11A MASP for the area north of Highway 11A must, under the Municipal Government Act, address:
- the sequence of development in the plan area,
- the land uses proposed for the plan area, the density of population for the plan area,
- the general location of public utilities and major transportation routes, and
- any other matters council considers necessary.