– To print a copy of May Species Count Tally Sheet:
– To print a copy of the May Species Flower Tally Sheet:
– All living things are counted: flowers in bloom, mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, insects.
– Usually held on the last weekend in May between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. either Saturday, Sunday or both. Please check Coming Events or the May Newsletter for any changes.
– If counting both days, please count in different locations using separate tally sheets.
– Contact Judy Boyd 403-358-1098 if participating and to indicate where you are counting so there are no duplication of counts.
– Mail your tally sheet to: RDRN office, Box 785, Red Deer, Alberta, T4N 5H2 Attn: Judy Boyd.
With the current situation with Covid-19, we are still going ahead with the May Species Count. This activity does not involve people congregating. People who are participating will be encouraged to continue with social distancing. This is a great way to get out of the house and still be safe. Once you have filled out the tally sheet you can either scan and email it to email@example.com or call Judy at 403-358-1098 to give your tally to Judy over the phone. If you are walking on the trails, make sure you keep yourself at a safe distance from other people.